Go Back   UE Global > UE English Forums > Metaphysical realm

Gởi Ðề Tài Mới Trả lời

Công cụ Xếp Bài
Compassion
Old 22-10-2007, 3:01 am  
vladimir
Super Moderator

Default Compassion
I'm not sure that this is the right place for this topic, but it seems that Karuna, the Universal Compassion is needed for all 6 Lokas, 6 realms of existence (our human is just one of them).
Holy Mantra: OM MA NI PAD ME HUM is consisted of 5 segments, 6 rays of compassion to cover all sentient beings.
Again, courtesy of the Old Forum, Compassion posted on 29.08.2003:

Hello MEL Knighthood,

Imagine in one nano second that you are not blessed as you are, forget your name, your shape your gender, your position in society, just be…
Imagine how many people do not have your life opportunities, material and spiritual, but live far beyond your minimal standards of life.
Imagine how many children in this very moment are dying in agony of thirst, hunger, illnesses and the despair and grief of their mothers that cannot protect them.
Imagine how many sick people write now are suffering in all hospitals in the world and those who are not lucky enough to have minimal medical care.
Imagine how many victims of violence are becoming in this very moment and those who suffered from memories of that, committed or experienced on their “skin”, economic, physical, sexual, psychological…..
Imagine how many animals are killed in this very moment to become food, dying in pain and sufferings/.
Imagine countless wandering souls waiting for incarnation in Samsara, suffering from karmic illusions that shine on them, due to their deeds from previous life.
Imagine other sentient beings in Samsara suffering from various mental poisons of greed, attachment, anger, fury jealousy, pride, egotism…
IMAGINE AND FEEL that dark cloud of sufferings.
Compassion will touch your heart, wishing them to be lucky as you are, bright karma, on the way to the enlightenment.

Imagine that you are made of colorless white light and in the middle of your chests is shining sparkling radiant blue light.
Inhale the dark cloud, direct it to the heart, convert it into light, and exhale your rays of light to every sentient being in Samsara.
Do not be afraid, because in that moment, you are Avalokitesvara/Quan Yin, Lord of Compassion, The Boddhisattva Mahasattva, the compassion of all Buddhas.
Look around, countless bodhisattvas are fighting the darkness.

You may say, I’m a dreamer,
But I’m not the only one….

Let the light shine until the end of Samsara.

Love and Light You are,

Vladimir
Trả Lời Với Trích Dẫn
Dưới đây là 3 người đã gửi lời cảm ơn đến vladimir vì bài post hữu ích này:
Farkhad Fatkullin (30-04-2008), georgy (05-05-2008), Myriam (03-11-2007)
Old 25-10-2007, 5:04 am  
vladimir
Super Moderator

If we can reach the understanding of what we actually are, there is no better remedy for eliminating all suffering. This is the heart of all spiritual practices.

-Kalu Rinpoche, "Luminous Mind"

Love & Light

Vladimir
Trả Lời Với Trích Dẫn
Farkhad Fatkullin (30-04-2008), Lucie Warg (07-11-2007), Myriam (03-11-2007)
Old 03-11-2007, 5:05 am  
vladimir
Super Moderator

If we single-pointedly practice great compassion, then, with little effort, we will be able to gain all other virtues.

-Geshe Namgyal Wangchen, "Awakening the Mind"

Love & Light

Vladimir
Trả Lời Với Trích Dẫn
Dưới đây là 2 người đã gửi lời cảm ơn đến vladimir vì bài post hữu ích này:
Farkhad Fatkullin (30-04-2008), Myriam (03-11-2007)
Old 30-04-2008, 2:27 am  
Farkhad Fatkullin
Super Moderator

PRACTICE seems to be the key word... Your ideas on ways we can PRACTICE compassion are welcome.

Моя духовность: Я есть сын и отец, пра-....-внук и пра-...-дед; состоящий из тела и души, атомов и Бога? Век живи, век учись... понимание УЭ безгранично

Старейший русскоязычный веб-сайт о Мастере Данге и его учении / Oldest Russian-speaking website about Master Dang and his teachings
Trả Lời Với Trích Dẫn
Dưới đây là người đã gửi lời cảm ơn đến Farkhad Fatkullin vì bài post hữu ích này:
vladimir (30-04-2008)
Old 30-04-2008, 5:54 pm  
vladimir
Super Moderator

People must realize that even with all these comforts, all this money and a GNP that increases every year, they are still not happy. They need to understand that the real culprits are our unceasing desires. Our wants have no end.

-His Holiness the Dalai Lama, "Imagine All the People"

Love & Light

Vladimir
Trả Lời Với Trích Dẫn
Farkhad Fatkullin (30-04-2008), lotus (01-05-2008), Myriam (02-05-2008)
Old 30-04-2008, 8:32 pm  
Farkhad Fatkullin
Super Moderator

Dear friends,
Can you please share some quotes that could help me understand the difference (or lack thereof) between
a) desire to control (own more...) &
b) desire to give/share...
Thank you in advance.

Моя духовность: Я есть сын и отец, пра-....-внук и пра-...-дед; состоящий из тела и души, атомов и Бога? Век живи, век учись... понимание УЭ безгранично

Старейший русскоязычный веб-сайт о Мастере Данге и его учении / Oldest Russian-speaking website about Master Dang and his teachings
Trả Lời Với Trích Dẫn
Old 02-05-2008, 9:41 pm  
kassie

Hi Farkhad,

I see that you haven't had any answers about this yet. Perhaps people don't understand your confusion here.

Is it difficult for you to differentiate between the desire to control ... (control what? Others around you? Your environment?) and the desire to give/share?

Perhaps you could explain a little bit your thinking behind your question so that we can offer some suggestions?
Trả Lời Với Trích Dẫn
Dưới đây là người đã gửi lời cảm ơn đến kassie vì bài post hữu ích này:
Farkhad Fatkullin (04-05-2008)
Old 02-05-2008, 11:36 pm  
Myriam

Dear Farhad,

Just can suggest you to look for the difference that can be between a wish and a desire... But in fact going further, the main isn't to desire, but what we really do (act) and the conscience we have or not in this. Intention ?

I can have an intention for doing something and not doing it... I can attend to do "well" and my intention can be vain...

Hope you can share a little more on your question.

Love Light and Joy,
Myriam
Trả Lời Với Trích Dẫn
Dưới đây là người đã gửi lời cảm ơn đến Myriam vì bài post hữu ích này:
Farkhad Fatkullin (04-05-2008)
Old 04-05-2008, 10:09 am  
Farkhad Fatkullin
Super Moderator

Is desire to learn "bad"?
And how about the desire to share what we know so others have a chance to learn from it?
thank you in advance.

Trả Lời Với Trích Dẫn
Dưới đây là người đã gửi lời cảm ơn đến Farkhad Fatkullin vì bài post hữu ích này:
Myriam (05-05-2008)
Old 04-05-2008, 3:13 pm  
lotus
Super Moderator

Dear Farkhad,

I am no good at "intellectually speaking" of spirituality; for me, both notions don't stand on the same level.

Very sorry for it, but I can speak of what I did myself.

I studied in a spiritual school, I read, and read, and assimilated the notions read as well as I could (tied to, anyway), and let the whole process work- - - until, one day, friends and I began this Newsletter, which was very rich in spritual opportunities of all sorts, which increased our own spitituality, - - - and I am here to speak about it - - -

When friends and family around me asked me: "But why do you do all that? This work! These translations!", I am unable to answer, it comes from deep within me! Can I link that feeling to "desire" or "wish", I don't know! Actually, I don't care, the very fact of trying to put a word under such a notion is trying to intellectualize what is not intellectual. And I prefer spending my time doing what I feel, deep inside me, like doing.

I repeat, I am sorry for speaking of my own experience, but it is the one I know best!

L & L

Lotus
Trả Lời Với Trích Dẫn
Dưới đây là 2 người đã gửi lời cảm ơn đến lotus vì bài post hữu ích này:
Farkhad Fatkullin (04-05-2008), Myriam (05-05-2008)
Gởi Ðề Tài Mới Trả lời

Ðang đọc: 1 (0 thành viên và 1 khách)

Công cụ
Xếp Bài

Quyền Sử Dụng Ở Diễn Ðàn