Chào mừng bạn đến với UE Global.
Go Back   UE Global > General Forums > NON-UE FORUM

Gởi Ðề Tài Mới Trả lời

Công cụ Xếp Bài
Via Negativa
Old 05-04-2008, 9:50 pm  
georgy

Default Via Negativa
The way of the Buddha is known as via negativa - the path of negation. This attitude, this approach has to be understood.

Buddha’s approach is unique. All the other religions of the world are positive religions, they have a positive goal - call it God, liberation, salvation, self-realization - but there is a goal to be achieved. And positive effort is needed on the part of the seeker. Unless you make hard effort you will not reach the goal.

Buddha’s approach is totally different, diametrically opposite. He says you are already that which you want to become, the goal is withing you; it is your own nature. You are not to achieve it. It is not in the future, it is not somewhere else. It is you right now, this very moment. But there are a few obstacles and those obstacles have to be removed.

It is not that you have to attain Godhood - Godhood is your nature - but there are a few obstacles to be removed. Once those obstacles are removed, you are that which you have always been seeking. Even when you were not aware of who you are, you were that. You cannot be otherwise. Obstacles have to be eliminated, dropped. Nothing else has to be added to you.

-Osho
Trả Lời Với Trích Dẫn
Dưới đây là 7 người đã gửi lời cảm ơn đến georgy vì bài post hữu ích này:
admin (06-04-2008), Farkhad Fatkullin (06-04-2008), lotus (09-04-2008), Myriam (07-04-2008), thien thu 2 (30-06-2008), ThuanThien (06-04-2008), vladimir (06-04-2008)
Old 09-04-2008, 7:18 am  
Farkhad Fatkullin
Super Moderator

-----Original Message-----
To: mel_group2007@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2008 19:14:27 -0500
Subject: [mel_group2007] 2 pieces of poetry from my time in St.Louis (1995-96)

>
> If...
> Rudyard Kipling
>
> If you can keep your head when all about you
> Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
> If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
> But make allowance for their doubting too;
>
> If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
> Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
> Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
> And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:
>
> If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;
> If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;
> If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
> And treat those two impostors just the same;
>
> If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
> Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
> Or watch the things you gave your life to broken,
> And stoop and build 'em up with wornout tools:
>
> If you can make one heap of all your winnings
> And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
> And lose, and start again at your beginnings
> And never breathe a word about your loss;
>
> If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
> To serve your turn long after they are gone,
> And so hold on when there is nothing in you
> Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!'
>
> If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
> Or walk with kings - nor lose the common touch,
> If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
> If all men count with you, but none too much;
>
> If you can fill the unforgiving minute
> With sixty seconds' worth of distance run -
> Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
> And - which is more - you'll be a Man my son!
>
>

> Man in the glass.
>
> When you get what you want in your struggle for self
> And the world makes you king for a day
> Just go to the mirror and look at yourself
> And see what that man has to say.
>
> For it isn't your father, or mother, or wife
> Whose judgment upon you must pass
> The fellow whose verdict counts most in your life
> Is the one staring back from the glass.
>
> He's the fellow to please - never mind all the rest
> For he's with you, clear to the end
> And you've passed your most difficult, dangerous test
> If the man in the glass is your friend.
>
> You may fool the whole world down the pathway of years
> And get pats on the back as you pass
> But your final reward will be heartache and tears
> If you've cheated the man in the glass.

Моя духовность: Я есть сын и отец, пра-....-внук и пра-...-дед; состоящий из тела и души, атомов и Бога? Век живи, век учись... понимание УЭ безгранично

Старейший русскоязычный веб-сайт о Мастере Данге и его учении / Oldest Russian-speaking website about Master Dang and his teachings
Trả Lời Với Trích Dẫn
Dưới đây là 2 người đã gửi lời cảm ơn đến Farkhad Fatkullin vì bài post hữu ích này:
georgy (09-04-2008), lotus (09-04-2008)
Old 29-04-2008, 5:27 am  
georgy

Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it.
Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many.
Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books.
Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders.
Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations.
But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it.

-Buddha
Trả Lời Với Trích Dẫn
Dưới đây là 3 người đã gửi lời cảm ơn đến georgy vì bài post hữu ích này:
Farkhad Fatkullin (29-04-2008), lotus (02-07-2008), thien thu 2 (30-06-2008)
Old 07-05-2008, 4:02 am  
Farkhad Fatkullin
Super Moderator

Dear friends,
Here is another initiative that carries UE spirit that each one of us can contribute to make our own & others' lives better, as well as learn from each other.
http://www.learnapaloozadc.com/
regards,
farhad

Моя духовность: Я есть сын и отец, пра-....-внук и пра-...-дед; состоящий из тела и души, атомов и Бога? Век живи, век учись... понимание УЭ безгранично

Старейший русскоязычный веб-сайт о Мастере Данге и его учении / Oldest Russian-speaking website about Master Dang and his teachings
Trả Lời Với Trích Dẫn
Dưới đây là 3 người đã gửi lời cảm ơn đến Farkhad Fatkullin vì bài post hữu ích này:
georgy (07-05-2008), kassie (08-05-2008), lotus (02-07-2008)
Old 07-05-2008, 4:10 am  
Farkhad Fatkullin
Super Moderator

On state of non-profit leadership, perspectives for the future & recommendations:
http://meyerfoundation.org/downloads...toLead2008.pdf
It's a well prepared study on the example of U.S. non-profit sector - 36 pages in total.
Very good analysis, recommendations touch on many issues that UE school seems to be struggling with.

I found the above via
http://www.idealist.org/if/i/en/h/bl...rship-training

It seems that UE students should be such leaders, so we need a program that would inspire them to lead by example, by constantly learning new skills and using whatever resources are available to them to contribute to the cause initiated by Master Dang.
We shouldn't blindly copy what is (ex. http://socialleaders.org/CSL/ECPNL/ecpnl.html ), but we might learn something from others. Right?

thay đổi nội dung bởi: Farkhad Fatkullin, 07-05-2008 lúc 4:57 am.
Trả Lời Với Trích Dẫn
Dưới đây là 5 người đã gửi lời cảm ơn đến Farkhad Fatkullin vì bài post hữu ích này:
abhinandha (07-05-2008), georgy (07-05-2008), istvan (08-05-2008), kassie (08-05-2008), lotus (02-07-2008)
Old 07-05-2008, 7:10 pm  
georgy

Emptiness

By Ryusai

Emptiness is a name for nothingness,
A name for ungraspibility,
A name for mountains, rivers, the whole earth.
It is also called the real form.
In the green of the pines,
The twist of the brambles,
There is no going and coming;
In the red of the flowers
And the white of the snow,
There is no birth and no death.
Trả Lời Với Trích Dẫn
Dưới đây là 2 người đã gửi lời cảm ơn đến georgy vì bài post hữu ích này:
Farkhad Fatkullin (07-05-2008), lotus (02-07-2008)
Old 08-05-2008, 4:06 am  
kassie

Hey folks,

I think this thread is supposed to be about the Buddha's concept of 'Via Negativa'.

Perhaps the leadership links could be under a separate new thread so members can easily see that there is a whole other interesting topic of discussion and study.

I am guessing that people who are interested in learning about the 'path of negation' may like to be allowed to follow that discussion through the same thread.

Then again, people who have no interest in clicking a thread called 'Via Negativa' might quite happily follow a thread on leadership.

Perhaps we could entitle the new thread 'Farkhad's 30-Day Countdown Plan for World Domination by UE STudents'

Sorry for teasing you there Farkhad! You are definitely a young warrior. Hasn't the new baby at home slowed you down a little?

I actually do think your concept of finding avenues that UE students can explore to make a difference in the wider world is a great one.

We can't always be bashing people over the head to learn UE. Sometimes it isn't the right time for them to learn. But we can make a positive impact by actively living the amazingly positive message that the Master inspired within us all.

I also think that in order to keep the forum as fresh as possible, to generate more dynamic discussions, it would be good to separate new ideas into new threads so that we can really explore that topic.

I don't know by the way if you are suggesting that the UE school should become a non profit org. However, I believe the Master looked into all the possibilities many years ago and decided against that avenue.

There are problems with 501(C3) companies too. I have worked for some such organizations. They are not necessarily good just by virtue of being called 'non profit'.

I will check out your links more thoroughly. Thank you Farkhad.
Trả Lời Với Trích Dẫn
Dưới đây là 3 người đã gửi lời cảm ơn đến kassie vì bài post hữu ích này:
Farkhad Fatkullin (08-05-2008), georgy (08-05-2008), lotus (02-07-2008)
Old 08-05-2008, 7:47 am  
Farkhad Fatkullin
Super Moderator

Point well taken. I'll start a different thread

Here is the fortune cookie (thank you admin) I liked very much:

"The disunited mind is far from wise; how can it meditate? How be at peace? When you know no peace, how can you know joy?"
- Bhagavad Gita -
c. BC 400-, Sanskrit Poem Incorporated Into the Mahabharata

Trả Lời Với Trích Dẫn
Dưới đây là 2 người đã gửi lời cảm ơn đến Farkhad Fatkullin vì bài post hữu ích này:
georgy (08-05-2008), lotus (02-07-2008)
Old 30-06-2008, 9:19 am  
georgy

“Whenever suffering happens, don't collect it. Allow it to happen, but don't nourish it.
Why go on talking about it? Everyone talks about his suffering.
Why is there so much emphasis on it? Why give so much attention to it?
Remember one of the laws: that whatsoever you pay much attention to grows.
Attention is a growth helping element.
If you pay attention to something, it grows more.”

-Osho
Trả Lời Với Trích Dẫn
Dưới đây là 4 người đã gửi lời cảm ơn đến georgy vì bài post hữu ích này:
abhinandha (30-06-2008), lotus (02-07-2008), Myriam (30-06-2008), vladimir (30-06-2008)
Gởi Ðề Tài Mới Trả lời

Ðang đọc: 1 (0 thành viên và 1 khách)

Công cụ
Xếp Bài

Quyền Sử Dụng Ở Diễn Ðàn