Go Back   UE Global > UE English Forums > Spirituality

Gởi Ðề Tài Mới Trả lời

Công cụ Xếp Bài
Mental poisons
Old 07-12-2007, 5:39 am  
vladimir
Super Moderator

Default Mental poisons
Greed, I say, is a great flood; it is a whirlpool sucking one down, a constant yearning, seeking a hold, continually in movement; difficult to cross is the morass of sensual desire. A sage does not deviate from truth, a brahmana stands on firm ground; renouncing all, he is truly called 'calmed.'

-Sutta Nipata

Love & Light

Vladimir
Trả Lời Với Trích Dẫn
Dưới đây là 3 người đã gửi lời cảm ơn đến vladimir vì bài post hữu ích này:
georgy (07-12-2007), lotus (05-01-2008), thien thu 2 (07-12-2007)
Old 07-12-2007, 11:24 am  
MirgorodskyDA

Dear Vladimir!

But why this your new thread (mental poison/greed) has appeared right now?

Is there any connection between this thread and TB04DEC2007_General_Notice_EN.pdf ?

Trả Lời Với Trích Dẫn
Old 07-12-2007, 2:28 pm  
vladimir
Super Moderator

Hello Dimitri,

I do not know why I put this thread now, since it came as signal from, as dear Lotus would say, "timeless spaceless state of mind".
It is just a reminder to the "axis of Samsara", state of mind that holds in bondage countless sentient beings in suffering.
Greed, Ignorance, Hatred in Mahayana tradition are usually symbolized with red rooster, black pig and green snake, reflecting the power of the mental poisons over the "being".
Along with Attachment and Pride, they form the fuel base for the tiny ego mind to wander in Samsara countless times until....all karmic lessons are learned and light rise over the being.
Personally, I did not put this thread as connection to the document you quoted but the public can form its opinion having in mind the events since Master has discarnated from this realm.
I think that all threads here are connected into one big stream of knowledge and experience in order to assist anybody who has eyes to see and tiny veil in front of them to recognize different aspects of truth.
Happy to be here along with you, my spiritual family.

Love & Light

Vladimir

thay đổi nội dung bởi: vladimir, 06-01-2008 lúc 1:28 am.
Trả Lời Với Trích Dẫn
Dưới đây là 2 người đã gửi lời cảm ơn đến vladimir vì bài post hữu ích này:
lotus (05-01-2008), MirgorodskyDA (07-12-2007)
Old 08-12-2007, 5:18 am  
vladimir
Super Moderator

Here, from within my heart, I make the vow to shun all evil – to achieve the good. From deep within my heart I seek my refuge.

-Buddha

Love & Light

Vladimir
Trả Lời Với Trích Dẫn
Old 08-12-2007, 8:46 am  
thien thu 2

Hello UE fellow forum members!

You folks are ...too considerate ! We Vietnamese, as Master's fellow citizens, are not in a position to express personal viewpoints in...explicit Vietnamese language for fear of promoting an unnecessary fighting in our UE family; thus we chose an ... indirect way of expressing our true feelings in this forum.
Non Vietnamese-speaking UE members are not..."handicapped" by this considerate situation and are free to state what you think !Moreover "westerners" are mostly straight minded and in this forum we act as ..."spiritual beings" : then why should we use a crooked way to express?
A possible deduction can only be - I think - you folks wished not to be taxed as criticizing/judging people ?

Yes, mental poisons! The deed we do could be a poison to ourselves if this harms our physical or mental progress. The deed we do, on behalf of a society, which might bring about some harmful effect to the society, could be taxed as dangerous poison as well. What should we call when we intentionally base on the blind belief of others to guide them not to behave in conformity of God's will ? The term "poison" in this alarming case, could be called... the principle of action and reaction ( or the Law of Karma? Vladimir? Sorry, by all means, I don't want to correct your word!!). Watch out !!

Thien thu
Trả Lời Với Trích Dẫn
Dưới đây là 2 người đã gửi lời cảm ơn đến thien thu 2 vì bài post hữu ích này:
lotus (08-12-2007), vladimir (08-12-2007)
Old 08-12-2007, 2:50 pm  
vladimir
Super Moderator

Dear Thien Thu,

You do not have to apologize if you do correct my words. I see all the posts and posters here constructive with true intention to share.
Speaking about your dilemma, the words you used, "on the blind belief of others, directly reveal the cause of the mental poison - Ignorance, that is precondition of other mental poisons.
The Law of cause and effect (or Karma on Sanskrit) is precise and not only deeds but words and thoughts as well are recorded and are maturing over the subtle bodies of the "being" that produced those actions.
Karma is often taken as something bad in the western world but it is not so cause the Law of Karma is working also for those who produce good thoughts, words and deeds.
Every single transfer of UE done by UE student with true intention is recorded as an act of bright karma and will produce the consequent effects on the student.
So, I put this thread just to remind us about the perils that ego-mind can face neglecting the spiritual laws such as the Law of cause and effect.

Love & Light

Vladimir
Trả Lời Với Trích Dẫn
Dưới đây là 3 người đã gửi lời cảm ơn đến vladimir vì bài post hữu ích này:
lotus (05-01-2008), thien thu 2 (10-12-2007), tim (14-12-2007)
Old 04-01-2008, 5:21 am  
vladimir
Super Moderator

Friends, I know nothing which brings suffering as does an untamed, uncontrolled, unattended and unrestrained heart. Such a heart brings suffering.

-Anguttara Nikaya

Love & Light

Vladimir
Trả Lời Với Trích Dẫn
Dưới đây là người đã gửi lời cảm ơn đến vladimir vì bài post hữu ích này:
georgy (04-01-2008)
Anger
Old 05-01-2008, 5:28 am  
vladimir
Super Moderator

Default Anger
Considering the harm others do to you
As created by your former deeds, do not anger.
Act such that further suffering will not be created
And your own faults will disappear.

-Nagarjuna, "Precious Garland"

Love & Light

Vladimir
Trả Lời Với Trích Dẫn
Dưới đây là người đã gửi lời cảm ơn đến vladimir vì bài post hữu ích này:
georgy (05-01-2008)
Old 05-01-2008, 4:33 pm  
lotus
Super Moderator

Dear Fiends,
I just want to say that I totally share the points of views expressed here.
Thank you all.
L & L,
Lotus
Trả Lời Với Trích Dẫn
Dưới đây là người đã gửi lời cảm ơn đến lotus vì bài post hữu ích này:
vladimir (06-01-2008)
Old 07-01-2008, 12:57 am  
vladimir
Super Moderator

From passion arises sorrow and from passion arises fear. If a man is free from passion, he is free from fear and sorrow.

-The Buddha
Love & Light

Vladimir
Trả Lời Với Trích Dẫn
Gởi Ðề Tài Mới Trả lời

Ðang đọc: 1 (0 thành viên và 1 khách)

Công cụ
Xếp Bài

Quyền Sử Dụng Ở Diễn Ðàn